Acquiring the knowledge for the deployment and management¬†of OpenStack based IT Cloud scenarios. How OpenStack¬†works is explained and how this software creates and controls ¬†Next Generation Hypervisors: the new managers of virtual¬†machines, designed for cloud environments, in which also¬†client/server software resources are distributed and scalable.¬†Towards a better understanding of the topics there are practical¬†exercises related to the development of a Cloud IT network¬†entirely based on OpenStack.
- IaaS in Cloud Computing architectures
- RPC: Remote Procedure Calls
- OpenStack agents: Nova Computing, Glance Image Service, Keystone Identity
- Quantum Virtual Networking
- Cinder and the traditional Block Storage
- Swift and the Object Storage
- Horizon Control Suite
- OpenStack multi Hypervisor Management
- Virtual Machines using KVM
- AMI: Amazon Machine Image
- Deployment of OpenStack based Cloud networks
- Virtualization with OpenStack
- Cloud Storage with OpenStack
- Network engineers and technical personnel¬†involved in migration of IT systems¬†to Vendor independent Cloud architectures.
- Linux-based operating system understanding.
A full installation of an OpenStack environment¬†is performed. Starting from the¬†guest Linux servers, the Python source¬†scripts of OpenStack are launched¬†to create the entire application suite.¬†Through the Horizon management portal¬†it is possible to create and manage¬†the virtual machine instances in the¬†cloud.