This four-day course discusses the configuration of the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service in a typical network environment. Key topics include Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) access technologies, basic implementation, and configuration and management options. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring, testing, and troubleshooting basic and advanced facets of the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service. This course uses the MAG6611 Junos Pulse Gateway using MAG-SM160 Service Modules. The course also supports the SA Series SSL VPN Virtual Appliance Demonstration and Training Edition (DTE). This course is based on the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service release 8.0R3.2.
Junos Pulse Access Control is an intermediate-level course.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to deploy the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service and firewall enforcer to support common environments. Specific topics include the following:
- Introduction to the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service:
- Typical deployment scenarios.
- Secure Access protocols and operations.
- Junos Pulse Secure Access Service initial configuration.
- Junos Pulse Secure Access Service configuration elements:
- Authentication realms.
- Authentication servers.
- Resource policies.
- Sign-in policies.
- Client access methods:
- VPN tunneling.
- Junos Pulse.
- Junos Pulse collaboration:
- Configuring and scheduling meetings.
- Conducting meetings.
- Endpoint security:
- Host Checker.
- Enhanced Endpoint Security.
- Secure Virtual Workspace.
- Cache Cleaner.
- Administration and troubleshooting.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: The Junos Pulse Secure Access Service
- Secure Remote Access Overview
- Junos Pulse Secure Access Series Deployment Options
- MAG Series Platforms and Feature Sets
- Integration Options
Chapter 3: Initial Configuration
- Console Configuration
- Administrative UI
- Lab 1: Initial Configuration
Chapter 4: Technology and Terminology
- SSL and TLS Overview
- Junos Pulse Secure Access Service Access Methods
- Junos Pulse Secure Access Service Architecture
- Access Management Framework Elements
Chapter 5: User Roles
- Configuring User Roles
- Role Mapping
- Customizing the User Experience
- Lab 2: User Roles
Chapter 6: Basic Logging and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Lab 3: Basic Logging and Troubleshooting
Chapter 7: Resource Policies and Profiles
- What Is a Resource Policy?
- Resource Policy Configuration
- Resource Policy Options
- Resource Profile Configuration
- Lab 4: Resource Policies and Profiles
Chapter 8: Authentication
- The Authentication Process
- Configuring Authentication
- Lab 5: Authentication Servers and Realms
Chapter 9: Advanced Authentication Options
- Custom Sign-In URLs
- Multiple Sign-In Credentials
- Configuring SSO
- Additional Authentication Servers
- Lab 6: Advanced Authentication Options
Chapter 10: Certificates
- Configuring the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service for Certificates
- Configuring Multiple Server Certificates
- Lab 7: Using Certificates
Chapter 11: Client and Server Applications
- The Need for Client/Server Support
- Secure Application Manager
- VPN Tunneling
- Lab 8: Client and Server Support
Chapter 12: Junos Pulse
- What Is Junos Pulse?
- Junos Pulse Features and Components
- Junos Pulse Configuration
- Lab 9: Junos Pulse
Chapter 13: Junos Pulse Collaboration
- Junos Pulse Collaboration Overview
- Configuring Junos Pulse Collaboration
- Junos Pulse Collaboration Client
- Lab 10: Junos Pulse Collaboration (Optional)
Chapter 14: Endpoint Security
- The TNC Architecture
- Configuring Host Checker
- Configuring Enhanced Endpoint Security
- Configuring Secure Virtual Workspace
- Configuring Cache Cleaner
- Enforcing Endpoint Security
- Lab 11: Endpoint Security
Chapter 15: Administration and Troubleshooting
- Basic Logging and Troubleshooting Review
- Dashboards and Reports
- Management Operations
- Delegated Administration
- Lab 12: Administration
Chapter 16: Advanced Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Concepts
- Content Intermediation Engine
- Troubleshooting VPN Tunneling
- General Troubleshooting
- Lab 13: Troubleshooting
Chapter 17: Virtualization
- Describing Virtualization
- Configuring Virtual Appliance Licensing
- Configuring Virtual Desktops
Chapter 18: Clustering
- Describing Clustering
- Configuring Clustering
- Lab 14: Active-Passive Cluster Configuration
Appendix A: Junos Pulse Gateway Chassis Management
- Chassis Management Card Features
- Configuration of Chassis Management Card
Appendix B: Additional Client Applications and Features
- Telnet and SSH
- Terminal Services
- Scriptable Launchers
- Lab 15: Client and Server Options
- This course benefits network engineers, support personnel, reseller support, and individuals responsible for implementing the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service.
- This course assumes that students have moderate background in internetworking basics, basic security concepts, network administration, and application support.