The course provides specific knowledge on the impact caused¬†by transporting the Sync-E and IEEE1588 over OTN. It describes¬†synchronization aspects in transport and backhaul optical¬†network in order to plan the most efficient synchronization strategy. The course covers topics such as the principles of¬†Planning and Design for the Sync distribution on the transport¬†network.
- OTN frame structure and architecture (G.709)
- OTN frame adaptation principles
- Mapping of Client signals (CBR/VBR)
- Generic Framing Procedure (G.7041)
- Positive and negative justification
- Mapping and Demapping effects on Sync-E & IEEE1588
- Jitter and Wander control in OTN (G.8251)
- ODUk Clock precision
- Synchronization Reference Chain
- Transponder features for mapping Sync-E and IEEE1588 mapping
- Sinchronism in ODUk
- Case studies
- Fixed and mobile network engineers involved¬†in Operation, Planning and Design¬†of synchronism distribution.
- Specific skills on synchronous packet¬†technology (Sync-E, IEEE 1588).
The course includes practical exercises¬†and software simulators that will be¬†used to better understand and analyze¬†the effects of Sync-E and IEEE1588¬†over OTN transport.