Acquiring the knowledge necessary for effective planning, management¬†and optimization of 3G networks in HSPA+ technology.¬†The course provides a complete overview of the access¬†network from the Air Interface, continuing with the function¬†analysis of protocols and communication & traffic channels¬†used in the network. The course also explains cell planning and¬†3G radio optimization techniques reviewing the principles and¬†the application in the HSPA+ access architecture.
- 3GPP Standards e Releases
- UMTS network architecture
- UTRAN Protocols
- CS and PS coexistence
- Wideband CDMA and Spreading
- Rake Receiver
- Modulation and coding
- MAC, RLC and RRC layers
- Power Control
- Soft(er) Handover procedures
- Coverage and link budget issues
- Admission Control and Load Control
- Evaluation of interference
- HSPA and HSPA+
- MIMO and Dual Carrier
- Full IP architecture and IPv6
- UMTS Backhauling
- The course is intended for TLC technical¬†personnel involved in 3G mobile¬†network planning or operation.
- GSM/GPRS network architecture skills.
During the course we will propose exercises¬†based on the use of software¬†simulators and on the completion of¬†block diagrams. We execute real tests¬†of data connectivity in order to evaluate¬†and discuss scheduling issues, planning¬†and dimensioning of the access¬†network.