You have created simple artwork by using the basic drawing and painting tools available in Adobe¬ģ Illustrator¬ģ CC (2014). You now want to use advanced tools, options, and effects to create complex artwork. In addition, you want to ensure that your artwork is ready for commercial printing and also save it for the web. In this course, you will draw complex illustrations and enhance them by using various painting options. You will also use painting tools, manage colors, format type, work with effects, prepare artwork for commercial printing, and prepare graphics for the web.
This course covers the Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC objectives to help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam. This course is also designed to cover the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to use Adobe Illustrator CC (2014) to create complex illustrations, format illustrations and type, and prepare documents for print and web.
- Draw complex illustrations.
- Enhance artwork by using painting tools.
- Customize colors and swatches.
- Format type.
- Enhance the appearance of artwork.
- Prepare content for deployment.
- Set up project requirements.
Lesson 1: Drawing Complex Illustrations
- Topic A: Apply the Grid, Guides, and Info Panel
- Topic B: Combine Objects to Create Complex Illustrations
- Topic C: Organize Artwork with Layers
- Topic D: Create a Perspective Drawing
- Topic E: Trace Artwork
Lesson 2: Enhancing Artwork Using Painting Tools
- Topic A: Paint Objects Using Fills and Strokes
- Topic B: Paint Objects Using Live Paint Groups
- Topic C: Paint with Custom Brushes
- Topic D: Add Transparency and Blending Modes
- Topic E: Apply Meshes to Objects
- Topic F: Apply Patterns
Lesson 3: Customizing Colors and Swatches
- Topic A: Manage Colors
- Topic B: Customize Swatches
- Topic C: Manage Color Groups
- Topic D: Adjust Color
Lesson 4: Formatting Type
- Topic A: Set Character Formats
- Topic B: Apply Advanced Formatting Options to Type
Lesson 5: Enhancing the Appearance of Artwork
- Topic A: Apply Effects to an Object
- Topic B: Create Graphic Styles
- Topic C: Apply a Mask to an Object
- Topic D: Apply Symbols and Symbol Sets
Lesson 6: Preparing Content for Deployment
- Topic A: Prepare Artwork for Printing
- Topic B: Prepare Transparency and Colors for Printing
- Topic C: Create Slices and Image Maps
- Topic D: Save Graphics for the Web
- Topic E: Prepare Documents for Video
- Topic F: Prepare Files for Other Applications
Lesson 7: Setting Project Requirements
- Topic A: Identify the Purpose, Audience, and Audience Needs
- Topic B: Determine and Evaluate Standard Copyright Rules for Artwork, Graphics, and Graphics Use
- Topic C: Determine and Evaluate Project Management Tasks and Responsibilities
Appendix A: Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC Certification Exam Objectives
Appendix B: Adobe Certified Expert Illustrator CC Exam Mappings
- This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people taking on design responsibilities who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with basic computer functions such as creating folders, launching programs, and working with Windows. You should also have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files.
Familiarity with basic design terminology, such as palettes, color modes, shapes, text, and paths, is highly recommended.
You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Introduction to Personal Computers Using Microsoft¬ģ Windows¬ģ 8/8.1
- Adobe¬ģ Illustrator¬ģ CC (2014): Part 1