In this three-day class, you will learn how to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot Fortinet’s web application firewall: FortiWeb.
Instructors will explain key concepts of web application security, and lead lab exercises in which you will explore protection and performance features. In the lab, you will experience traffic and attack simulations that use real web applications. You will work with those simulations to learn how to distribute load from virtual servers to real servers, while enforcing logical parameters, inspecting flow, and securing HTTP session cookies.
This course prepares you for the FortiWeb 5.6.0 Specialist Exam.
This is one of the courses that prepares you to take the NSE 6 certification exam.
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Understand application-layer threats
- Fight defacement & DoS
- Prevent zero-day attacks without disrupting live traffic
- Make apps retroactively compliant with OWASP Top 10 for 2013 and PCI DSS 3.0
- Discover vulnerabilities in your servers & hosted web apps for tailored, efficient protection
- Configure FortiGate together with FortiWeb for stronger HTTP and XML application security
- Prevent accidental scan circumvention, while allowing FTP and SSH
- Configure blocking & reporting for an external FortiADC or FortiGate, and FortiAnalyze
- Choose the right operating mode
- Balance load among a pool of servers
- Enforce SSL/TLS, authentication, & sophisticated access control for “naked” apps
- Train FortiWeb to defend your specific apps.
- Blacklist suspected hackers, DDoS participants, and content scrapers
- Troubleshoot traffic flow, including flow for FTP/SSH.
- Diagnose false positives & customize signatures
- Optimize performance
- Basic Setup
- Integrating External SIEM
- Integrating Front-End SNAT & Load Balancers
- DoS & Defacement
- Signatures, Sanitization, & Auto-learning
- SSL & TLS
- Authentication & Access Control
- PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance
- Caching & Compression
- Rewriting & Redirects
- Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of FortiWeb.
- Knowledge of OSI layers and the HTTP protocol
- Basic experience using FortiGate port forwarding