IPv6 Fundamentals, Design, and Deployment (IP6FD) v3.0 is an instructor-led course that is presented by Cisco Learning Partners to end-user customers. This five-day course provides network engineers and technicians who are working in the enterprise sector with the knowledge and skills that are needed to study and configure the IP version 6 (IPv6) features of Cisco IOS Software.
The course also provides an overview of IPv6 technologies; covers IPv6 design and implementation; describes IPv6 operations, addressing, routing, services, and transition; and describes deployment of IPv6 in enterprise networks as well as in service provider networks. The course also includes case studies that are useful for deployment scenarios and remote labs.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the factors that led to the development of IPv6, and the possible uses of this new IP structure.
- Describe the structure of the IPv6 address format, how IPv6 interacts with data link layer technologies, and how IPv6 is supported in Cisco IOS Software.
- Describe the nature of changes to DNS and DHCP to support IPv6, and how networks can be renumbered using both services.
- Understand the updates to IPv4 routing protocols needed to support IPv6 topologies.
- Understand multicast concepts and IPv6 multicast specifics.
- Describe IPv6 transition mechanisms and which methods will be most effective in your network.
- Describe the standards bodies that define IPv6 address allocation, as well as one of the leading IPv6 deployment issues, multihoming.
- Describe the deployment strategies that service providers are facing when deploying IPv6.
- Describe case studies for enterprise, service provider, branch, and access networks.
- Module 1 Introduction to IPv6
- Module 2 IPv6 Operation
- Module 3 Advanced IPv6 Topics
- Module 4 Describing IPv6-Enabled Routing Protocols
- Module 5 Using IPv6 Services
- Module 6 IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Module 7 Discussing Security Issues in IPv6
- Module 8 Mobile IP Model
- Module 9 Deploying IPv6
- Channel Partner / Reseller
- Routing, switching and access product knowledge and skills equivalent
- Working knowledge of routing protocols Implementing the Application Control Engine Service Module (ACESM) 2.0