In this series of classes, you will learn how to design, implement, and maintain a channel-layered FortiWLC based wireless network.
- Administration (2-day class, 1/2 day lab)
- Implementation (3-day class, 1/2 day lab)
- Solution Design (optional 2-day class)
The practical labs provide hands-on experience in configuration, management, and monitoring of the wireless network.
It is recommended that you take the classes in the order listed above.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Size and plan a multiple channel layer wireless network for a medium-density client environment
- Deploy multiple controllers and integrate with the underlying wired network
- Understand and deploy controller redundancy
- Understand how to use and deploy different AP models
- Publish encrypted and guest wireless networks for use by your users
- Monitor and assess your wireless networks health and capacity
- Perform basic troubleshooting of client connectivity
- Perform day-to-day management of your wireless network
- Introduction and radio frequency concepts
- Monitoring and obtaining network statistics
- Troubleshooting client connectivity
- Managing and maintaining the network
- Monitoring and managing rogue devices
- Installing and integrating controllers into the network
- Implementing redundancy
- Installing and basic installation of FortiWLM.
- Deploying access points
- Implementing channel layers and stripes
- Publishing secure data, voice and guest wireless networks
- Introduction to and basic installation of FortiConnect
- Managing Apple Bonjour and multicast DNS traffic
- Performing a predictive coverage design of a wireless network
- Extending the coverage design to account for capacity
- Selecting the correct hardware and software components to support the design
- Anyone who is responsible for the design, implementation, and day-to-day management of a single-channel FortiWLC based wireless network.
- A good understanding of wired and wireless technology and concepts is required to benefit from this course.