Configuring Cisco Nexus 5000 Switches (DCNX5K) v3.0 course is a 5-day ILT training program that is designed for systems and field engineers, consulting systems engineers, technical solutions architects, and Cisco integrators and partners who install and implement Cisco Nexus 5500 and 5600 Series Switches and Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders. This course also includes coverage of new features introduced in Cisco NX-OS 7.0(1)N1(1), and also include introductory coverage of Cisco Nexus 3000, 4000, 6000, 7000, and 9000 Series Switches. This course covers the key components and procedures required to configure, manage, and troubleshoot these Cisco Nexus 5000 Series platforms.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch system architecture.
- Understand the architecture, features, and usage of the Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) Software. Configure network features on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches for LAN operation.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders for operation with the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Configure Ethernet port channels and virtual port channels (vPC) on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Configure Quality of Service (QoS). Identify and understand the components of the Fibre Channel Protocol, the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol, and IEEE Data Center Bridging (DCB) Ethernet Enhancements.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches to support the FCoE protocol.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches for connection to the SAN.
- Secure the operation of Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Configure system management features on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Understand the high availability and In Service Software Update (ISSU) features of Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Module 1: Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Product Overview.
- Module 2: Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Hardware Architecture and Device Administration.
- Module 3: Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Network Feature Configuration.
- Channel Partner / Reseller